π HAPPY WORLD EMOJI DAY! ππ
Apparently July 17 is World Emoji Day. And while it does seem like there's a holiday for absolutely everything these days, I have to admit... I'm a fan. π♀️✨
How else am I supposed to express:
☕ "Don't talk to me until coffee."
π "Feeling fabulous."
π€¦♀️ "Well, that was a choice."
π€£ "I laughed way harder than I should have."
❤️ "Sending love."
✨ "Adding unnecessary sparkle to every sentence."
If I am being honest... Even in elementary school, when I would pull out my Holly Hobby or Strawberry Shortcake notebook and pens to write a note to a friend, I drew in my own sparkling emojis all over the page.
Guess I've been adding unnecessary sparkle to sentences since before it was cool. ✨π
Fun Emoji Facts
π World Emoji Day is celebrated on July 17 because that's the date shown on the π Calendar emoji on many platforms.
π The "Face with Tears of Joy" emoji was named the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year in 2015—the first pictograph ever to receive the honor.
π More than 90% of internet users worldwide use emojis in digital communication in some form.
π¨ The original emoji collection contained just 176 symbols. Today there are over 3,700 emojis recognized by the Unicode Standard.
Have you ever wondered where emojis actually came from?
Believe it or not, emojis are relatively new. The first set of modern emojis was created in 1999
by Japanese designer Shigetaka Kurita. Working for the Japanese mobile
company NTT Docomo, Kurita designed 176 tiny symbols to help people
communicate more quickly and express emotion in text messages.
The word emoji comes from Japanese:
"e" (η΅΅) meaning "picture"
"moji" (ζε) meaning "character" or "letter"
Despite sounding similar, emojis are not the same thing as emoticons.
Emoticons are made from keyboard characters, such as :-) or ;-).
Emojis are actual graphic images.
For several years, emojis were mostly popular in Japan. Then smartphones changed everything.
When major technology companies began supporting emojis across devices in the late 2000s
and early 2010s, their popularity exploded worldwide. In 2010, emojis were added to the
Unicode Standard, which meant the same emoji could be recognized and displayed across
different platforms and devices. Suddenly, everyone was speaking the same tiny picture language.
Today there are thousands of emojis available, covering everything from food and
animals to professions, flags, hobbies, and emotions. Some studies have even f
ound that emojis can help convey tone and emotion in digital communication,
making messages feel friendlier and reducing misunderstandings.
And honestly? Sometimes one little emoji says more than an entire paragraph.
✨ "I'm excited."
✨✨✨ "I'm REALLY excited."
See? Science.
So today, let's celebrate the tiny little pictures that somehow manage to tell entire stories.
They're basically modern-day hieroglyphics with better hair, better outfits, and
significantly more sass. π
Drop your favorite emoji in the comments! Mine is still ✨ because if it sparkles,
I'm interested.
I'd love to know: What's your favorite emoji and why?
π✨Until next time... keep loving & living your best life!
π¦Wishing you Love, Light & Sparkles!
Carrie Ann Moore π
Adding unnecessary sparkle to sentences since before it was cool. ✨π
carrieannmoore.com
%20(Instagram).png)
Comments
Post a Comment